Monday, September 10, 2007

Day of Labor

Labor Day brought a Party of Grooviness at our neighbor's house. It was a swim party - good thing since it was about 800 degrees.

Bruce looked fabulous - as always.



our hostess - judy - who also happens to be my birthday soul sister.

Our hosts are really into "Bubblegum" music and all things Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, etc.

Hence the theme. They even invited some deejays from their fave radio program. They were pretty cool.

Ara and Ella put their hair in spongy curlers for the night to emulate the Cindy Brady look. Esme' was her usual naturally hip self and Annika refused to join in. I was Malibu Barbie and Bruce was Malibu Ken - of course.


I do love a good party.

16 comments:

Phoebe said...

Wher are the stilettos Malibu Barbie?

{B}dreamy said...

Pretty sure you're the most stylish family I know. What a fun party!

bonny with a Y said...

stilettos are so eighties - i was sporting my wood and leather platforms.

Amy Girl said...

It had never occured to me how perfectly you and Bruce fit the Malibu Ken and Barbie scene. Most excellent!

Rachel said...

cute pictures! Leah has the same funky Target blouse as A & E. I wish it was made in my size.

bonny with a Y said...

amy - i think we would fit it better if we had a golden tan, and my legs were about a foot longer.

and rachel - ella loves that tunic - ara endures it - as she does anything that isn't shorts and a t-shirt.

i wish it were in my size too.

grannybabs said...

You know, you could give the Cornwalls a run for their money at the ward Halloween party!

What a great look you all achieved - congrats!!

Amy Girl said...

I was thinking your legs look fab! Also I think you have 4 Skippers.

Ella and Evva have dresses in the same fabric as Ara and Ella's blouses. I could not remember where I got them, but it must have been Target.

Karen said...

I think you guys look swell. How great to have neighbors who throw theme parties, and for them to have neighbors who dress up for them!

amy k said...

Love your outfits!

RachelAA said...

Hot stuff!!

bonny with a Y said...

thanks for the kind words.

and yes, we got the tunics at target - where else?

the thing that most disturbed me about this party was we had all the costume parts on hand, in fact many of them we wear often.


hmmmm.

Jolene said...

You guys are too cool!!!

Lisa Lu said...

Oh, how I wish I were Malibu Barbie...you really are too perfect. Thanks for being so darn awesome.

Eliza said...

I love those wood and leather platforms.

Lookin' hot!

bonny with a Y said...

lisa you could totally be malibu barbie - you just need to move back to malibu.

and i love those platforms too - I've had them for over 10 years. every time i go to toss them, i end up making them a key part of my wardrobe, again.